A virtual trip to the #FrenchRiviera
Recent travel restrictions have been issued this year, and you really miss the French Riviera ?
Its mild climate, its white sandy beaches or the pebbly ones in Nice, its markets, its landscapes, its palm trees and the mandatory glasses of rosé on the terrace, overlooking the sun setting in the big blue ... We, the inhabitants of the region, also miss it, as we are looking out on it through our windows. The gradual deconfinement is planned from May 11, but that's another story that we'll come back to a bit later...
Do not despair, we have prepared a small virtual tour of our beautiful region, to dream away with until we meet again:
- (Re)-discover Alfred Hitchcock's 1955 film "To catch a thief", mainly shot on the French Riviera. The wonderful Grace Kelly (later Princess of Monaco) plays against Cary Grant. Lovely vintage atmosphere! See the trailer here.
- Another film to watch, not least for the beautiful cinematography by Darius Khondji, the romantic comedy "Magic in the moonlight" starring Colin Firth and Emma Stone. Great images of Nice among others. Trailer here.
- The French documentary series Chroniques Mediterranéennes, invites you to discover the city of Grasse and its traditional perfume production. You will find it here. (in French).
- The municipality of Nice has created a special website during the confinement, with virtual museum expositions, opera performances etc. You will find, among others, a black and white panorama-series all along the Promenade des Anglais.
- To watch a small video preview of the fantastic Villa Rothschild in Saint-Jean-Cap Ferrat, click here.
- Have a look at what's going on in real time in Saint-Raphael (it's very quiet) via the tourist office's webcam.
- Finally, magical moments from Nice and Cannes, to be discovered here.
Take care and see you soon!
#virtualtour #frenchriviera #preparing #dreaming